Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there! This is my second Father's Day away from my dad and it's not any easier. I wish I could be there, lounging by the pool and hanging with my family, but at least we got to make it a great first Fathers' Day for Keith. Our first Father's Day wasn't that much different than our first Mother's Day . . . french toast for breakfast, lots of play time, a long nap, and an afternoon at the park looking at animals!








Tonight we went to dinner at Sizzling, a restaurant in the Centrum that Keith likes. I hadn't been yet but the promise of yummy curly fries had me very excited to try it out. Sizzling is a steak house with a nice outdoor patio that we choose to sit on tonight, as it was warm and breezy and Liam had plenty of people-watching to keep him busy. For appetizers Keith had a sizzling skillet of mussels that was enough for a full meal, while I chose the asperges met pancetta (asparagus with pancetta) in a balsamic reduction -- wow. Yum. Although Sizzling is a steak house, I chose to get the salmon, but ended up regretting my decision. Keith's ribeye had a goat cheese and honey sauce that was to die for, while my salmon was pretty bland. But the meal was saved by curly fries that totally lived up to their hype. They were like Arby's fries but bigger and better. We also had Dame Blanche and chocolate mousse for dessert -- both were yum. :)




It's hard to believe a year ago I was holding him in my belly instead of my arms!

Happy Father's Day, honey! Thanks for being such a great dad to Liam!

~Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment